Saturday, February 28, 2009

Charles' Open House, Mom's Group, and Cooking Bras?


Thursday night was Charles' open house at school. We had the opportunity to see all of the work he's been doing and talk to his teacher for a bit. It was exciting for all of us! I was interested because this is the first year I haven't helped in the classroom. Charles' teacher, Mrs. Lamb, has a dear friend that just retired and she helps out a lot. So, everything was new and exciting to see! The PTA approved a huge budget for the Meet the Masters art program this year. The kids get to study different artists and learn to emulate their different styles. I was so impressed with all of the kid's work! Maryn was excited to tour the kindergarten classrooms to see where she might be next year!

The next day, I took Maryn to Chuck E. Cheese for the mom's group. We had a lot of fun seeing all of our church friends! (A.J. was scared of Chuck E. so she wouldn't get in the picture.)

Today is Charles' Birthday and I'll do a post later about it, but I wanted to let you know that all day Maryn has been excited to help with the cake. Charles wants a white cake with the rainbow chip frosting. This morning Maryn got up and told me, "We've gotta put on our cooking bras to make the cake, ha mom?"

Glenn and I laughed a little bit and then corrected her and told her that we wear "aprons". This afternoon, she and I started making the cake and again I heard, "Oh, no mom! I forgot to put on my cooking bra! I don't want to get my dress dirty!"

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I don't think I'll ever use the word apron again. Cooking bras sounds much better. That girl can make my day from hundreds of miles away. I just adore her. Charles looks so happy at his school and the artwork looks great!! We will call later this evening when the boys are back from Disneyland to wish him a happy birthday! Wish we could celebrate with you!!

Jill said...

I wear a cooking bra all the time. I make such a mess in the kitchen. Do we say, "It's time to cut the cooking bra strings" now?

Cherish said...

That is so funny! I should take an old bra and sew on an apron bottom, just to make my hubby laugh. Maybe he'll help me make dinner. ;)