Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rainy Day Fun With the Kids!


Yesterday the kids had the day off from school so I decided to take them out for a fun day! We went to Downtown Disney to the Build-A-Bear Workshop. I've had a $10 off coupon in my purse for the past 18 months and it was going to expire soon. Charles has wanted a code so that he can go on bearville.com and play. The perfect compromise was to let Maryn make a bear and give Charles the code.

Well, we got to the shop and Maryn immediately found the bear she wanted! It's cream-colored and so soft! Then, when we went to dress it, they had two really cute Valentine's dresses. She picked one and went to the register. Imagine my surprise when after the coupon and my annual pass discount, the bear was only $7.46 total!! Charles then made the birth certificate to get the code and we were all happy!

Since it was raining, there weren't a lot of people at Downtown, so I decided it would be fun to eat lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. We ordered a couple of appetizers to share and enjoyed the animals and waterfall. I ordered the lettuce wraps and the kids got nachos. We left with two boxes of leftovers!

I wish that I had gotten pictures of our day, but with the rain and 3 umbrellas, the camera didn't have priority!

7 comments:

Mindy said...

How fun!!! I love days like that with my kids!

Jaime said...

Wow, I didn't think it was possible to go to Build-a-Bear and spend 7 bucks! What fun for you!

Teri said...

Wow! That's a really amazingly priced trip to build-a-bear. You've gotta love it when you remember the coupon before it expires!

tara said...

Sounds like you were a bargin shopper. I wished you lived closer because I think we would have lots of fun together.

Dave said...

Unbelieveable! I always have to take out a loan when I go to Build-a Bear!

rochelle said...

Jamie, what a fun day! Isn't it great when you can reach a compromise like that with your kids? I can't believe you only spent seven bucks, either. Way to go!

Ronda said...

glad you guys had fun!