Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Week Packed With Fun!

This past week has been rather busy, but so much fun!

Wednesday, my brother Slade called us and invited us to the dollar theater to see "Bolt". It was cute and the kids loved the hamster!

Thursday, before pre-school, I met my friend Rachael at McDonald's for lunch. Maryn and Carter had a blast just playing together. After school, I took Charles to get a karate outfit for his Build-a-Bear. When Maryn got her new bear, she gave her old one to Charles. That was fun. It was another rainy day!

Friday, we stayed home and made mini pizzas and watched movies. Glenn was sick and just needed to sleep. This was after he had to get his truck fixed to pass smog.

Saturday, Glenn had to work a double shift and I really wanted to hang out with friends and make it a fun day! No one could come with me to the park- it seems that everyone else has a life! So, I took the kids by myself and we had a wonderful day! Maryn made lots of little friends because there were lots of birthdays going on. Charles had a good time playing, but got bored because there weren't any kids his age. I promised him that he could spend his birthday money that he got that day from my mom and Chad at Target after the park. He loved that idea! So, we went to the store and he got a new game for his DS and bought himself and Maryn some candy.

That night, still nobody called me back to go out. I fed the kids dinner and called Ronda. She had been gone all day at a conference and hadn't gotten my message. I invited her over for a "Mamma Mia" night and brownie sundaes. Then LuPrele called me back and she wanted to come over, too! So we all got the kids settled and I threw some brownies in the oven! I was so happy to have some "girl" time! It really helps me cope with Glenn's crazy shifts. We stayed up and talked for hours after the movie. I really enjoy spending time with good friends.

Yesterday, we took Charles to get his first set of scriptures! He chose black with gold embossing for his name. They are beautiful! Glenn and I both went and I have to tell you, I got a little teary-eyed in the store. I kept thinking about our beautiful boy that's going to turn 8 on Saturday. Time goes so quickly.

After Deseret Book, we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese for family night. Maryn had taken the class pet home from pre-school that day and we were supposed to take a picture of her doing an activity with it. So, I got the picture! Then, we saw the Rall's walk in and had a great time visiting with them.

That's about all that we've been up to recently. I'll have more fun stuff to write about later this week!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like a fun-filled week!

Mindy said...

You make everything so fun. I am so bored lately no matter what I do. I miss you!

Jaime said...

I'm glad you had some fun girly time. I love that as well.

Dan and Cat said...

I want a brownie sundae!!! That sounds delicious! :)

rochelle said...

You've been busy! How sweet that your boy got new scriptures. Is he so excited to get baptized? Our oldest turns eight this year, too, and we can't wait. Good times!

Jill said...

I love that the class pet got to go to Chuck-e-Cheese!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the class pet is a stuffed zebra! I realized that I didn't clarify that.