Monday, August 17, 2009

Maryn's Birthday #5!!!




We got to celebrate Maryn's birthday on her actual birthday this year! Her birthday was on a Friday. Instead of doing a big party, we opted to spend the money on a nice small party at Build-a-Bear Workshop. It was very nearly a perfect day!

We had her party at 11am. Since it was a Friday, they let us have the upstairs level at Downtown Disney all to ourselves! Maryn invited 5 friends to celebrate with her. I set a budget for each bear before-hand and the party workers help the kids find whatever works with that. It was so simple!



All the kids showed up and looked so cute and fresh! I was so excited and I know Maryn was, too! She wanted all her friends to have a bear so badly! We walked upstairs chanting all the way that we were having a party!







All the kids picked their bears and then sat in a circle and played some games. Then they took turns stuffing their animals. When it got to the part where Maryn put in her heart, all of the kids got to pick a heart, make a special birthday wish for Maryn, and put the hearts into Maryn's bear. It was so special to watch.





Then the kids got to shop for an outfit for their bears. They were so cute with all the things they picked out. I was so happy that all the parents were there to help. Then they all sat and dressed their bears and took pictures. They got their bear box and it had some party favors in it, too. I think they were all very happy with what they got.


After the party, we went outside to eat pizza and cupcakes! The store has a deal with Papa John's Pizza, so the delivered for an awesome price! Then we had the super-special cupcakes!! My friend, Cory, has been taking classes and decorating cute cakes for her kids. So, I asked her if she would make bear-faced cupcakes for Maryn's party. She said 'yes' and I became her first paying customer! They turned out better than I'd imagined! She made all of their little faces with different expressions. It was hard to eat them because I wanted to take them home, but they were really delicious!



(Cory, leave me a comment and link it to your website.)

After that, we all said our 'good-bye's'. I walked Maryn down to Disneyland and got her free birthday ticket. Glenn took Charles to the "Harry Potter" movie. We stayed at Disneyland for a few hours, but Maryn was so wiped out! We went on a couple of rides, she took a nap in my lap, and then she wanted to go home. Originally she had stated that she wanted to see the fireworks and stay until it closed! Ha! We were home before dinner.







Thank you to all who came and made her birthday such a wonderful day for us!

8 comments:

Jill said...

Ah Build a Bear. Every kid loves Build a Bear and it's a great place to have a party. Those cupcakes are adorable!!! I wouldn't have been able to eat them.

And who wouldn't want to celebrate a birthday at Disneyland.
Happy Birthday Maryn.

Jill said...

P.S. Game night with Julie? Flandro? Are you going to be in town?

ZAC said...

Jamie you are so pretty and so DANG CUTE@ with little Maryn by your side! I just love your personality. This is a fabulous idea for a birthday party. I will have to use this as an option. I'm curious about the specifics so I'll e-mail you about them. Anyway, it honestly sounds like the perfect day! And home before dinner--yay!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

How sweet! Maryn looks so pretty and grown-up. I am glad you could have such a fun party to celebrate her. That would have been my DREAM party!

Ronda said...

Amy had a blast too!

Cory said...

We had so much fun. thanks for the invite. Ahnika had a blast and sleeps with her bear "princess" every night. Here's my blog address for the cupcakes....
www.apartyinyourtummy.blogspot.com

Mindy said...

What a fun party! I LOVE Cory's cupcakes. They were so gret. She looks so happy. You are such a good mom!

Ange said...

I can't believe she is 5! Where does the time go? Looks like a lot of fun!