Sunday, February 7, 2010

Annie!



A few months ago when I went to see "Fiddler on the Roof", I saw advertisements for "Annie". I knew that I had to take Maryn to see it! She fell in love with the movie this past summer.

I bought the tickets before Christmas and kept it a surprise for 6 weeks! The week before, I started telling her that we were having a special mommy-daughter date. She was so excited! I told her it was a surprise but she could pick the restaurant. She wanted to eat spaghetti at "The Olive Garden".

The day of, I had her take a nap after school so that she would be ready for the late night. When she woke up, I got her dressed up and off we went!

Dinner was so much fun! We just enjoyed each other and talked a lot. She talked about food and how we need food to live, if we don't have food we will die. She talked about how God made food so that we wouldn't die, etc. I tried something new that was so delicious! It was Braised Beef with Tortalloni. About half-way through the meal, Maryn stopped eating. When I asked her if she was full already, she said that she wasn't, but she was saving room for dessert! So, I stopped eating and ordered dessert! We had the molten chocolate cake with fresh strawberries and cream. Wonderful!

After our awesome dinner, we headed to the Orange County Performing Arts Center to see our show. Maryn was so surprised! She was so happy and excited when I told her that it wasn't the movie, it was real people on a stage and real little girls! She held her ticket as we walked in and people kept complimenting her on how pretty she looked. She asked me why everyone kept telling her that.

The tickets we got were amazing! We were in the second row! I was so happy with the seats! We were off to the side, but it turned out great! Before the show started, we walked around the lobby and I showed her the vendors. Big mistake! I ended up buying her a "Sandy" dog for a price that would make you all think I was stupid- but hey, it was a special night and I got caught up in the moment!

After that, we went back into the theater and Maryn got to look down into the orchestra pit and watch the musicians warm up their instruments. We took pictures of ourselves and had fun talking and watching people fill up the balcony.

The show was amazing!!! Annie had the most beautifully perfect voice that made me tear up every time she sang- I really did. Miss Hannigan stole the show! She was hilarious!! Maryn couldn't stop laughing! I had smuggled in treats in my purse for intermission and it helped her stay awake for the second half.
It was an amazing night! We had a blast together! It was just as I had hoped it would be. I love my Maryn and can't wait to do it again next year!

5 comments:

Kari said...

awesome memory!! I love Annie :)

Teri said...

Mommy-daughter dates are awesome!!

Jaime said...

You guys look beautiful!!! What a great time.

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

oh that is soooo exciting, Jamie! Maryn will have those memories for life-- even though she is still little! I can't wait to copy you and do something like that for Hallie. :)

Jill said...

I took Mary Kate to see Annie a few years ago. It was a great night for us as well. Your seats were better though.

Glad you had fun!