Monday, February 8, 2010

Roller Skating Fun!


When I was a kid, I LOVED roller skating! I lived in skates! I skated around the block for hours and hours. On Saturdays, my dad would take me to the skating rink and I would skate the whole time. I went to every school skating day and even had a skating birthday party once.

So, now that my kids are growing up, and our school is doing skating days, I am catching the fever! I went 3 times last month! I went for YW"S, School day, and a special MLK skating day when the kids were out of school.

That day, we went with my cousins. We all had a blast even though it was very crowded. This was Maryn's first time and she had fun until she fell. Then it was all over and Glenn had to come and get her. I knew that this would be the case and I had seriously worn out my arms and shoulders preventing her bottom from touching the floor. I am going to give her another year before I attempt that again.

We had a wonderful day together and I wanted to share it. I am so excited to have one of my favorite people in the world back in California! It's been so long! Love you, S!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Remember Classic Skating? What a place. I remember skating with Thomas Buckley to the Starship song "Sarah." He was holding my hand and I was so happy. That was like 28 years ago! Man, I'm old!

Jaime said...

Too fun! Love your new picture on top! Looks like you guys had lots of fun yesterday at Disneyland. I'm so glad Glenn could come with you.

Mindy said...

Wow two posts in a row. I must catch up! You and Maryn look so beautiful at Annie. What a wonderful memory. You are such a great mom! I'm glad you are ahving fun skating. I LOVED to skate when I was a kid. My kids go, but I drop them off. Maybe I need to go inside and join them. Oh, I just love your new photo. Everyone looks so good! Love ya!