Sunday, February 7, 2010

Late-Night Thoughts...

I know that it's late tonight and that I should be in bed, but my mind is full and I need to get my thoughts out.

Recently I have been thinking about the trials that all of us go through. I always try to analyze the "why". And, when I can't come up with a good enough answer, I wait to see if the life-lesson is revealed in time.

This past year, so many of the most precious women in my life, have had life-changing experiences. I have cried with them, prayed for them, and lain awake at night just thinking about them. Their pain and sorrows have weighed so heavily on me. As much as I have wanted to offer some sort of help or support, I have felt so utterly useless.

This past Sunday in Relief Society, I was blessed to be able to internalize a life-lesson that I always thought I knew and understood, but it took on a deeper meaning for me. The RS Pres. was talking about serving and helping each other. I started thinking about our Father in Heaven. How difficult it must be for Him to be watching his children on this Earth. He watches His children struggle with so many different challenges. I started thinking about how I would feel if I was watching my children and they needed help so desperately and no one offered a hand. I thought about how we really do need to be Heavenly Father's physical hands upon this Earth. We need to do the things that He physically cannot do for everyone. He is always here for us spiritually and emotionally, but we need to be here for each other. We need to lift each other's burdens. We need to take care of each other the way that our Father wants us to take care of His children. It all hit me so strongly.

I realized that recently I have been caught up with just trying to make it through the day, or week, or month, without really being aware of opportunities to extend a helping hand. I have a renewed desire to do the little things to help others along and be more aware of my surroundings.

To my dear, precious friends and family that have been through the "fire" this past year, I want you to know how deeply I love you. You are amazing and wonderful in every way. You have taught me so many lessons and enriched my life.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Thanks for sharing. I love when the lesson finally makes sense to me. :)