Monday, August 25, 2008

Beach Party and Psycho Bike Girl!!

So, tonight was our Ward Beach Party and once again I went with the kids alone. But I'm used to it now. The party was so much fun! The kids had a blast- Charles in the waves and Maryn in the sand. We cooked our hot dogs over the fire and had smores and corn on the cob. Maryn got filthy! Because of the watermelon and marshmallows, the sand was coated all over her face!

Everyone left around 9pm except one girl and I were talking. So, after our conversation ended, she helped me fold up my blanket and we packed up to leave. She and her friend walked ahead to the parking lot while I waited for Maryn to catch up with me. As we were crossing the walkway we got about halfway across when I heard a screech! I looked up and there was a young woman stopped on her bike about 12 feet away from us. I was a little confused at why she had stopped and when I looked in her face, she was glaring at me!! Like psycho Carrie's mom! She was on a black bike with black pants and a camouflage jacket. She had very long dark blond hippy hair and dark-rimmed glasses. There was plenty of room for her to go around us, but she waited for me to take another step before she road up to me and said:

"Yeah, just walk right into the main thoroughfare without even looking! Yeah, that's a nice thing to teach your kids...." The muttering continued as she sped up like the wicked lady from the Wizard of Oz.

I swear I don't set out to annoy people! I honestly didn't see her because it was dark and she must have been going pretty fast but there was so much room to go around! I guess she could only ride down the middle. I think she really wanted to tell someone off and I was there.

4 comments:

Cherish said...

LOL you run into the craziest people!

Mindy said...

Watch where you're going! Was her name Victoria???

Cory said...

if she stopped that far away from you, she had plenty of time to figure out another way around. duh!

Teri said...

What a wack-o!
Now that we're home and getting back to normal, we're getting ready for our trip to Disneyland in just a few weeks! Make sure the weather is good for us!