Friday, August 22, 2008

Super-Fun Week!

This has been an exciting week! The kids and I have had such a fun time!

Tuesday, I took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda at the dollar theater. Surprisingly, I liked it as much as the kids! I don't really get excited to see cartoons very often.

Wednesday, Glenn was off of work. He wanted to go to the movies. So, we went over to the Main Place Mall and we ate lunch. After that, we went to their dollar theater and Glenn took Charles into Meet Dave, while I took Maryn to see the Kit Kitridge American Girl movie. The movie was excellent and not girly at all! And... we got 4 movie tickets and 3 candies for $12!! After the movies were out, we shopped around and found Charles' Halloween costume at the Disney Store for half off. That night Glenn was outside changing the brakes on his truck when Charles had a frightening accident! Our landlord has been working on the property for the past few months and has some random things laying around. Charles is pretty strong but had no idea how heavy a concrete slab would be when he pulled it away from the fence it was leaning on. He wasn't strong enough to hold it and it slipped scraping his thigh on the way down. I was so glad that he had enough sense to try to get out of the way before it landed on his foot. It has to be about 150 lbs. or more. Anyway, he now has the hugest bruise on his leg right above his knee- about 5 inches long and 3 inches wide!

Thursday was awesome! Glenn was off again and we went to Sunset Beach. We packed a lunch and Glenn played in the water with the kids almost the entire time we were there. I was trying to stay in the shade. I have to say that watching the three of them play together was so joyful to me. There's no love like that from a parent to child. I'm so lucky to have Glenn. He is the best father in the world. His patience and love never end. That night my friend Ronda had set up a jacuzzi night at Melissa Jones' house. The three of us spent about 2 hours in the hot tub just talking and sharing stories. Then we had chips and dips and watched Hairspray. I loved having a fun girl's night! It was very relaxing.

Today we were back at the Jones' pool for our Mom's group. I got to cuddle my friend's little baby Jacob for at least an hour. He's so sweet and wonderful. Then tonight I took the kids to Walmart to kill time. When we came home I got a call from Ronda asking if my kids were still awake. When I told her "yes", she invited us to an Angel's game. Someone in the ward had given her free tickets with free parking. I told her we wanted to go and she said she was turning into our neighborhood as we spoke! So I rushed to throw thing in a bag and we were off! I love to do things like that! Anyway, the game wasn't very good but the fireworks show was awesome and the unexpected girl time was even better! Thanks Ronda for thinking of me!

5 comments:

Cherish said...

I loved Kung Fu Panda too! That cement story is scary. When our parents' house was being built, someone left a container of acid in the back of the property. Jaime stepped in it, and by the time she realized and got her shoe off and her foot washed, her shoe was partially dissolved.

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had a fun-filled week! Fun!! Now school can start, right?!?!

Laurel R. G. said...

Thanks for the note you left me!! Sounded like a fun week!

Mindy said...

Yes, that sounds like a wonderful week. Some things sound magnificent and I am jealous of one very much! Happy day!

Teri said...

What a great week for you guys! As a mom who has had to do lots of stuff with my kids alone when Earl was traveling, I know how special it is to spend that fun time together. You guys are awesome!