Saturday, August 30, 2008

We've Gotta Move!!

So, today was a beautiful day! We all went to my cousin's wedding, then out to lunch, and then I took the kids to the reception where I saw my friend Corie St.Clair! I haven't seen her in 10 years! She has 5 cute kids.

Well, I've gotten used to Glenn working nights. I've been able to sleep pretty well- until what just happened tonight! I was driving home from the reception when Charles started singing "Please, Take Me Out of the Ballgame". I was trying to explain the right lyrics are "take me out TO the ballgame". So we were singing all the way home.

When we got home, the kids and I got out of the car and were singing- not paying attention to our surroundings- when I looked over and saw a man kneeling up behind our bushes between a car watching us! I hurried the kids into the house and called my sister who told me to call the police. I checked if he was still there and he was but he was now crouching between the bushes and the car looking at the house. I called 911. They were there in like two minutes. But at first they drove right past, so I called Glenn in a panic. Finally they found him and questioned him. He's new to the half-way house across the street and is on his meds. The police said he's harmless- just went out for a walk and sat down for a while. This man is 6'3" with a blond fro. I think any woman would have called! Needless to say, I almost had a heart attack and I won't be sleeping any time soon! When I went out and talked to the officer I told him that my husband worked nights and I was alone with the kids a lot and he said he'd make the rounds on my street more frequently as a favor to Glenn. So, that'll make me feel safer- for now...

11 comments:

Melanie said...

Bummer!! We missed Corie!!

So...come move into our ward!! There's always places to rent. Good luck! Sounds a little too creepy where you are at!!

Vivian said...

That is so frightening! Hope you can find a better place soon.

Darice said...

That is super freaky!! Hope you stay safe- be careful!

Cherish said...

I would move... I would soooo move. Either that or refuse to leave the house ever again.

GreathouseMom said...

I'll send a truck over and pick you guys up. You are moving here. Tell Glenn he will adjust. You need a yard. There is a house around the corner rent to own. You could afford a small place here with no money down. I know it. I'm putting my foot down. You are moving where kids can play in the neighborhood!!

Teri said...

I agree with Mindy! I'll help come pick you up! We would love to have you guys here.

The Degener's said...

hey jamie!
I found you! we can keep in touch via blogs. We are thedegenerfamily at blogspot!
Love,
Karissa

Teri said...

Me again. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I have had a really hard time keeping a positive attitude throughout my life, so I have to remember those little things. That's why I decided to keep track of them. But, truly, you are an inspiration to me. You always seem to have such a sunny attitude. I know why Mindy loves you so much!

Cory said...

that is pretty scary. i would have been really freaked out. if anything like that happens again, just come over to our house or something until you can call the cops and get everything figured out. better to be safe than sorry.

Laurel R. G. said...

I would have had a heart attack too!! How are you and the family doing?

Ronda said...

I don't think I would be sleeping for a while either.