Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our Knott's Date!!

Today Glenn took me to Knott's Berry Farm for a date! Every year at this time, Glenn's work gets in free! So, thankfully, the Winston's babysat for us so that we could go out alone.

We got there and I was a little disappointed that it closed at 6pm tonight. But when we got in, it was empty! The rides didn't even have lines! Glenn dragged me on the log ride and I dragged him on all of the roller coasters! Our favorite was the Silver Bullet and we both hated Boomerang because it totally messes with your neck and back. I really wanted to take Glenn on the Xcelerator, but it was closed. Lucky for him! He was feeling sick to his stomach after the first ride.

I am thankful that I have a husband who is willing to indulge me in my craving for fast rides. It really has to be one of the things that I enjoy most in this world. If I was a guy, I'd totally be a Nascar driver. I'm really serious! One of my ultimate fantasies would be to rent- okay, if it's really a fantasy, I'd buy- a Corvette and take it out to a deserted, flat highway and just drive it as fast as it could go!

After Knott's we were driving home and passed this diner, Portillo's. We decided to stop and give it a try. It was so awesome! I think that we've found a new favorite. It was so nice inside and decorated like an old-school diner. You order your food at the counter and seat yourself, but the best part is the menu! They have all of our favorites! You can order burgers, hot dogs, sausages, sandwiches, onion rings, malts, made-to-order chopped salads, tamales, and so much more! We both ate for $12. We had an Italian sausage sandwich, onion rings, a large malt, and a tamale with chili and cheese. We will be going back because all the food was so good!

Today was a fantastic day!

7 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm so glad you guys had so much fun by yourselves. And I love to hear about yummy food places!

Jill said...

I had no idea you had such a propensity for fast rides. This is not the case for me. I avoid fast rides at all costs! I hope someday you get to live out your fantasy in the Corvette.

Melanie said...

Sounds like a fun date!!

Darice said...

How fun! That diner sounds so yummy!!

Teri said...

That food sounds so yummy! I totally miss the diner we loved when we lived in Logan. Have yet to find a replacement in Orem. But we keep looking!!

Mindy said...

I'm glad you had a great date night. I love Knott's. Can't wait to go to the diner with you for our own date night!!!

Dan and Cat said...

We live right next to Portillo's but have never been there! Thanks for the tip - we'll have to try it out! I also had no idea you loved fast rides. I don't have the stomach for such things any more!