Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Movie Reviews!

This afternoon I took the kids to the movies because it was Family Night at the Four Star Cinemas. They've been wanting to see "Marley and Me". I had a friend tell me how awesome it was, so I was excited. Within the 1st 30 minutes, they had said 3 swear words, said how good sex was, talked about cutting the dogs "balls" off, showed the dog humping a lady, talked about making babies and showed them making out on the bed to make a baby. I had to walk out! While the movie was PG, it was not for little kids! I exchanged our tickets for "Bedtime Stories" and the kids LOVED it! It was so wonderful and entertaining. The kids loved the guinea pig, of course, and it really was mild and geared towards kids and adults. I hope that this helps some of you avoid an uncomfortable situation with your kids like what happened to me tonight!

6 comments:

Jill said...

I was going to take Mary Kate to Marley and Me but looked it up first on screenit.com before. Always do that because it tells you everything that's in it and whether or not it's for kids. It's a great website. It saved me from going through what you did.

Teri said...

I'm so glad you posted this! Its great that you were able to leave and exchange your tickets for a more kid friendly movie. I'll definitely be looking up stuff on screenit.com from now on!

Ronda said...

I am glad that didn't happen to me...
We saw Bedtime Stories with my mom and we all loved it too.

Mindy said...

Thanks for the 411. Very helpful. Emily really wanted to see that. She would have noticed every little thing and ran with it!!

Jaime said...

Thanks for the heads-up! I always check movies before I see them at:
http://www.kids-in-mind.com/ It's been very helpful! I'm glad you could exchange your tickets.

Dan and Cat said...

Wow! What a great post and tons of great comments for the rest of the parents out there! Thanks for the tips... :)