Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Refrigerator Madness!!

I have to post about my refrigerator because I'm on the verge of certifiable madness right now! I noticed that the fridge wasn't cooling right on Thursday night but I really wasn't sure. By Friday morning, I noticed that the milk wasn't super cold like usual so I knew we had a problem. I called Sears because we had purchased the service plan when we got the fridge. I called 3 times but was put on hold for more than 20 minutes each time and gave up. I decided to try to book an appointment online and filled out all the info and clicked on the first available appointment- Monday! On Sunday I got an email back telling me that they couldn't complete my request at this time and to reschedule!! Madness set in! I rescheduled for today. But, I never got a confirmation email so I called today and stayed on hold for almost 30 minutes before I got someone on the phone. They said that they had never received any online requests from me and I was NOT scheduled for any repair service!! Needless to say, I was on the verge of real tears when I was on the phone and then anger. They set me up for tomorrow from 8-noon. I won't even be back from the preschool drop-off until after 8:30am. So, with my luck, They will show up first thing tomorrow and I won't be there, so they'll leave and I'll have to reschedule again. It's been 5 days now, but who's counting?

7 comments:

Ronda said...

That's so crazy! I hate it when you get transferred and put on hold all the time.

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh! That's ridiculous.

Jill said...

This kinds of thing leaves me in tears also. I wouldn't worry though, they won't come while your gone, they'll show up around 5 p.m. just so they make you stay home ALL day waiting for them!

Cory said...

hey, i totally know how you feel. this stuff always happens with me and sears. i will never buy any appliance from them again. okay i probably shouldn't say that because they do have good prices, but their customer service stinks! do you want me to come and sit at your house so some one is there for the repair man? i can totally do that. no problem. let me know! just call me.

Melanie said...

Good grief!! How annoying!! I would totally be in tears!

Mindy said...

Sorry!! That is so sucky!!

Anne said...

What a joke! A fridge is a terrible thing to be without. (Unless you live where it's 2 degrees like I do.) Good luck with that.