Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The First Day of School!



The first day of school is here! It's a mixed emotion for me. I'm excited to get back into a routine and schedule, but I dread how busy I'll be with PTA and Book Fairs! But it's all worth it for the kids.


Charles was so excited for school. He was up super early and ready! Glenn took him to meet his teacher and find his desk. I took these pictures of him and he's starting to do this weird smile with his big teeth. I don't know what that's about but I think a lot of kids start looking goofy around his age- or at least let me think that's what it is, please. Anyway, he had to get the backpack that the strap goes across his chest. Last year he kept wearing his regular backpack with both straps over his chest, so this year we had to find the right one!


I also put up the pictures of our guinea pigs, Snowball Unicorn and Squeaky Colors!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I think Charles looks so cute! He is getting so big. He just looks so sweet. Chris used to look sweet like that. They look so happy with their pets. Joseph is already counting down until Charles' baptism. I hope we can see you before that. We all miss you.

Teri said...

I am so jealous that school for you didn't start until after Labor Day. We need to be on that schedule. Our kids were dying of heat the first week or two.

Charles is so cute. Any awkwardness can definitely be blamed on just going through a stage!

Teri said...

Hey, me again! I just wanted to say thanks for admitting that you are 'dreading' the PTA stuff and book fairs. I got wrangled into being Andraia's room mom this year and hope it works out. At the very least, I will hone my delegation skills!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Charles looks so handsome. Start getting prepared for when he gets older. He will be a heartbreaker for sure.