Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sea World!!










Oh my gosh! Today was so much fun! Glenn's mission buddy Kent called us a couple of days ago and told us he was bringing his family to San Diego on vacation. They're from Arizona. Anyway, Glenn told him that we could meet him today when they went to Sea World!! We were so excited! Glenn said he wanted to do something fun together as a family because he won't be able to go on any vacations this summer. So we bought the Fun passes- you buy a day and get the rest of 2008 free.

It was so good to see Kent and his family again. It has been a few years now. They are pregnant with their fifth! They are so much fun! Kent and Glenn are in the same profession now so they have so much to talk about.
The two things that happened today that put a downer on everything were: Maryn getting sick on the way there and throwing up tator tots all over herself and the car seat, and the fact that I've been to Sea World 3 times in the past few years and I've been dying to go on the "Journey to Atlantis" ride and I never get to!!!! The first time I was with my cousin and her boy chickened out as soon as we got on the ride so I offered to get off with him because she was so excited to go. The second time I was with my sister and her family and everyone just got too tired to go and went home early. Today we were waiting for the line to get shorter and the ride broke down for the rest of the day! Why?!! Or should I say, why me?!!

But back to poor little Maryn. I thought that maybe she just got car-sick like I always did growing up, but she's just coming down with my cold and was probably gagging when she was coughing. You can see that she's not 100% in some of the pictures. I tried to put good ones of her up though.

We let the kids pick out little things to bring home. They had a $10 limit each. Charles chose a shark-tooth necklace with his name on it and Maryn chose a penguin ring and a mermaid doll. We also ate lunch there and had ice cream! It was a much needed family day!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

So you're saying that when we go it will be your first time? Cool!! I have only been on it once, but it is RAD! Can't wait to go. It is my favorite theme park ever!! Glad you had fun. Miss you!!

Jaime said...

How fun for you! We've been really wanting to take Jeremy.

The Brookhousers said...

So glad you guys had a great time! It was nice to see everyone in the pictures! Long time no see! :) How about that niece and nephew I have, are they gorgeous or what! I miss you guys.... Hope to see you soon.... I'll be in touch...

GreathouseMom said...

My ears are bleeding from that SICK music!!!!!!!!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Sounds like fun! Wish I were there right now. It snowed today...again