Saturday, March 14, 2009

Charles in Charge?

You know how I like to post about the interesting, and sometimes rude, people I come across in daily life. Well, the other day was another unbelievable moment.

I took the kids to the dollar movie theater in the Main Place Mall on Tuesday. We got there a little early and decided to shop around. Charles wanted to got into Game Stop to look for a game he's been wanting. While we were in there, looking at everything, Maryn got excited about a game and called out to Charles to come and look! We both went and looked and I told them it was time to go.

We were making our way out of the store slowly, when I heard the two geeky cashiers start to make fun of Charles' name. They were saying "Charles" in different sarcastic tones and then started singing the theme song "Charles in Charge". I looked over at them in disbelief because we were still in the store! They were talking about how weird his name was like we weren't even there!

I hurried him out of the store before he heard them. I couldn't believe two "adults" ( I use that term loosely) would behave like that.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That is Pa's name too and it is one of the greatest names EVER!! People are so rude. Their names were probably margarita and axel or something. They don't know what to do with classic, strong awesome names.

Rebecca said...

Beavis and Butthead come to mind. BTW...Charles in Charge was a great show!

Jaime said...

Rude! I don't like that.