Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fun With Desi!!

Last night Maryn's friend, Desi, came over for a sleepover! Desi's mom had doctor's appointments all day today up at UCLA, so I offered to babysit. We had so much fun!

When Dawn dropped her off at our house, she came with two hot pans full of enchiladas. She does this because I have always been praised for my enchiladas, but my kids like hers better! She gets a kick out of this and it's her way of rubbing it in. They are really good.

That night we let the kids go crazy and destroy the playroom. Charles slept out on the couch so that the girls could watch movies and play late. I knew they were going to have a hard time going to sleep, but 11pm?! It was crazy! I was so tired! They stayed up with flashlights and read books and told bedtime stories.



This morning Maryn was up at 6:30am. I knew it would be an interesting day, but it turned out surprisingly well. I made a special lunch- chicken salad sandwiches on rolls, fruit, string cheese, freshly baked cookies, and we headed out to the LA Zoo. Desi was very nervous about the zoo because she heard there were gorillas there and she's afraid of gorillas. But, once she saw them, she realized that they weren't as big as she imagined them, and she was fine after that.




We ate our lunch by the park. There were a lot of school groups there, so it was hard for the girls to play because the other big kids kept running into them and accidentally hitting them. Desi was nervous about trying the chicken salad sandwich, but she liked it! I was happy because it's the first time that I've made it.

The animals were pretty lazy today! The weather was really warm and they were all sleeping. It was hard to get any good pictures of them.


The girls were worn out pretty quickly from their nightly activities and asked to go home soon after our lunch. So, we slowly made our way out of the park as they whined. It seemed their energy quickly refueled when the Dippin' Dots cart came into view. We stopped and I got them each some ice cream.

Then we stopped at the gift shop to get them matching necklaces to remember their zoo day. We had such a wonderful time with her and when we dropped her off at home, her mom had good news, too! There's a surgery they want to try on her heart so they can wait on the heart transplant! Woo-Hoo!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Awe so cute! I'm glad they had so much fun. You are such a fun sitter. Even better news about her mom!!

Cory said...

You can babysit my kids anytime!