Sunday, March 29, 2009

IHOP, Primary Activity, and Pizza Moment!


This past week-end was so much fun!

On Friday night we went as a family to Disneyland and finally got Charles and Glenn their passes. We ate dinner there and got on three rides before the crowds wore us out and we had to go home.

Saturday morning, Glenn got up at 5am to go shooting with some guys from the ward and scouts. I got up at that time and worked on sewing costumes for the stake play.

Then I took the kids with me to the Stake center to meet with the Johnson's and the sewing ladies about the costumes. The kids were excited because Danette let them each pick a donut. Since we had some time to kill between that and the primary activity, I took the kids to IHOP for a real breakfast.

When we got there, I knew they weren't that hungry, so I ordered one meal and a carafe of OJ and we shared. When we were eating, a man approached us and offered to make balloon creations for the kids and we thought he was weird at first. Then as he warmed up to us and we started talking, I felt better. He made Maryn an Ariel balloon and he made Charles a drooling alien hat! They looked so awesome and I couldn't believe that the guy was working out of a restaurant! I tipped him $5 and wished that I had more. He was so talented!!

Then we made our way over to the church for the primary activity and it was so much fun! We divided the kids into different "families" and went on a scavenger hunt around the building. Then the kids played a couple of games that were designed to make them work together as a "family". It went really well.

Today in church, Sister Hicks was asking the kids if they could name different types of "houses" we should be making according to the scripture we've been studying this month. She was looking for answers like, "a house of order, a house of fasting, etc..."

My daughter was yelling over all of the other kids, "A HOUSE OF PIZZA!!!", multiple times! What is wrong with her?

5 comments:

Jaime said...

You're up late! Not that I can talk. LOL Those hats are amazing! What a busy morning you had! That's so nice of you to sew for the stake play. I thought about it but feel kind of intimidated, okay really intimidated. How fun for you that you all have passes to Disneyland again. I know you'll have so much fun. And yeah it is really crowded right now. :( House of Pizza, she's so funny! That sounds good to me!

Mindy said...

Wow busy lady youguys are having fun! Nothing would be better than a house of pizza. That girl ROCKS! Can't wait to see you in two weeks.

Jill said...

Sounds like a great weekend and I had no idea you knew how to sew. My mom says that's one talent that's not good to have because then everyone want you to sew things for them. Looks like you already got caught in that trap! Way to serve Jamie!

Cherish said...

Ah yes...those amusing wrong answers during Sharing Time. That's funny!

Cory said...

those balloons are so cool. i want to learn how to make those things. i could be the life of the party.