Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Friends!

This week-end we had the opportunity to make friends with a couple in our ward! Isn't it funny how you can be in the same ward with someone for a while and not really get to know them? I've been visiting teaching my friend Rachael for a while now and we've become good friends. We are going to carpool for preschool next year and we've started hanging out. A couple of weeks ago my friend Leasa invited me to a "Girl's Night" with Rachael so that we could get to know a new sister in our ward, Debbie. She is so great! We all had so much fun!

Anyway, Rachael and I decided to go to the park with the kids last week and we really had a blast just talking and relaxing. When the Primary Pres. suggested that we meet with Rachael and her hubby to talk about Glenn's new calling, I jumped at the chance to go out to dinner as couples. Both of our husband's are on the shy side when it comes to making new friends, but it turned out that they had both been wanting to get to know each other! We went out last night to dinner and a movie and had such a great time that we went out for dessert too! Of course we talked about primary but mainly it felt good to make new friends! I can't wait for our Game Night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun night out with you, me, Rachel and Debbie. I hope we can do it again soon. Your night out with the Winstons sounds great too. You'll have to include Stephen and I on one of your next dates:)

Mindy said...

Whatever!!!!!

Laurel R. G. said...

Hey!! I missed you guys so much too!! I can't wait to see you guys soon!! I like your wedding day picture!! What is Uncle Glenn's new calling? Love ya!

Ronda said...

I'm so jealous...and you're right it is hard to get to know people better in the ward...have a great week!