Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Natural History Museum!



Today we had a fun family day at the Museum of Natural History in L.A. Glenn had the day off and the kids have been wanting to go for so long! I took pictures but I'll have to post them later when Glenn brings home my camera cord.

We ended up spending 3 1/2 hours there! It was so much fun and so much to see! They had a T-Rex exhibit with a real working lab. The people were really working on the T-Rex bones! I was so excited to see them work but it seems to be a tedious process!

They also had an insect and reptile room. It had all sorts of live insects and reptiles and lots of hands-on stuff for the kids. Maryn decided that she was scared of all the snakes, so every time she saw one she'd start screaming! It was so embarrassing! A little old lady walked away from us and started muttering in Spanish. Then Charles picked up some fox skins that still had the shriveled heads on them and she really freaked! He thought it was so funny that he did it numerous times when my back was turned just to see her freak out and scream bloody murder. I had to hold her all through that room.

We almost decided not to go last night because we want to make sure we have enough money for my trip with the kids this summer, but we had already promised the kids. So, we decided to pack our lunch instead of buying- which was very difficult for Glenn! And we thought that we could just do the metered parking. Much to our surprise, they were doing construction on the street where the metered parking used to be and the only parking lot was $6. So, we paid it with some disappointment. I noticed that the museum was packed with people walking up to it! Lots of day care kids and groups. I had forgotten that the first Tuesday of every month is free! Yeah! We saved over $25!!

It turned out to be worth the crowds. Although for some reason, as large as this place was, I kept ending up standing next to the smelliest old man! It was so crowded that I wouldn't see him I'd smell him first, and then see him! He had B.O. that just hung in the air even after he left! For any of you that really know me, that really, really grosses me out!! Blah!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

That's so fun! Jeremy loves to look at the pictures from when we went together last year. I'm so glad you got to go as a family.

Mindy said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. Can't wait for our trip. I am getting so excited. I got you a charm so you can go into the charm forest!!