Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July!


I'm finally able to post all of my pictures of the past week! The 4th of July has become "our" holiday. Every year we enjoy having our friends over and celebrating with our own fireworks. I want to continue this as long as possible because I don't know how many more years we'll be able to set off our own fireworks before they get banned!


Glenn had to work the first part of the day- of course, but he made it to my family's little reunion just in time! I was so happy! My cousin Linda had planned a big BBQ with everyone and it turned out so wonderfully! The food was great and everyone seemed to love spending time together! I love getting to visit with my cousins and feel like I'm able to get to know them better.


We left the park before they went to see their fireworks show and got home in time to set up for our friends. We had the Jenkins' and the Chase's over. I had ice cream bars, brownies and watermelon ready. (I think Jack ate at least a half of a watermelon all on his own!) The Chase's "chased" (hee! hee!) the sister missionaries down and they were able to celebrate with us too! Glenn and Jimmy did all of the fireworks while Bryce and Charles got as close as they could to feel like they were helping. The weather was perfect and we had so much fun sitting out just talking after the fireworks. We really love our friends and it's been so great to spend this holiday with them. Of course one family was missing but they moved away to be with the "Utah Mormons"!

4 comments:

Cory said...

i'm so jealous!! i want to be your friend!!

Mindy said...

I know, I know, Utah Mormons are Utarded, but now I am too. I sure miss any holiday or any regular day with you. I am hoping this summer starts our new summer trip tradition. Our first annual summer fun girl's trip is getting so close!!! I am packing already! Yeah!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Sounds like fun. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I loved the 4th. I hope we can keep this tradition up for a long time!