Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sadie Sophia and Pancakes!

Today is such a wonderful day! My niece Sadie Sophia was born at 3:50pm in Utah! Sadly, I won't be able to meet her for a couple of weeks. But, she was 8 lbs. and 9 oz, 21" long!! I'm so happy for my sister! She wasn't up for talking because I guess the epidural was a little too strong and made her feel like jello, but she's doing great! I can't wait to get up there!

Tonight for dinner the kids and I made whole wheat pancakes! I usually hate pancakes unless they're homemade from scratch. So, the kids helped me with all of the ingredients and mixing. I told them we were making a very special recipe and that these pancakes were going to be so healthy for their bodies. They were so excited to try them. Sure enough they both loved them! Even though they weren't big pancakes, Maryn could only eat one and Charles only ate 1 1/2. The whole wheat makes such a difference. Charles said that he only wanted to eat this kind of pancake for the rest of his life. This is what Maryn said about it:


Maryn: "Mom, these pancakes are much better than chocolate chip pancakes!"
Me: "Thanks! I'm so glad you like them."
Maryn: "You know what's better than these pancakes?"
Me: "What?"
Maryn: "You!"
Me: "Aahh-ah, that's such a wonderful thing to say!"
Maryn: "I know."

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I love the name Sadie!!! I think you're better than wheat pancakes too, but pigs in a blanket from IHOP, it would be too close to call! Maryn says the sweetest things.

Jaime said...

Homemade pancakes are the only way to go! I'll have to try them with the whole wheat flour. I haven't had them that way since I was a kid. I love to hear the sweet things kids say!

Laurel R. G. said...

Maryn is such a cutie! I can't wait until I see all of you soon. Ciao! :D

Teri said...

OK--do we get the recipe? I would love to try whole wheat pancakes. Can't wait to see you when you're in Utah. But make sure you let my friend come home after you kidnap her!