Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vacations, Births, and Death...

I'm on vacation right now with the kids! I'm at my brother-in-law's house in Utah and my niece was nice enough to let me use her laptop.

I left California last Thursday and got to St. George. It was Maryn's 4th birthday so we took her out to dinner to Chili's. They were so nice and when they sang, they even gave her a signed card and a free meal coupon. That evening we took a tour through Brigham Young's house. The kids love to tour his home every time we go there. After that, we went back to our bed and breakfast, The Seven Wive's Inn. It's an old Victorian home that some of the early presidents of the church would stay when they visited. The people that lived in it also hid polygamists in the attic in the old days. It's been a wonderful place to stay because the owners are so great, the food is wonderful, and the rooms are so wonderfully decorated, clean and comfortable.

The next morning we went to Mindy's house. We had so much fun! We went out to dinner to celebrate her birthday and played games and sang karaoke!

After that, I visited my sister and met her baby on my way to Idaho. I got there the day after my SIL Joanne had her baby Megan Irene. She had told me that she wanted me to be in the room for the delivery but she didn't wait for me!! Anyway, the baby was 2 weeks early and so tiny- 6 lbs. 2 oz. So cute!

We then stayed a couple of days at Glenn's parents' house. Charles was able to go fishing with his grandpa. It's become such a wonderful tradition for him! Once again he caught a fish! (I'll have to post all of the pictures later.)

We left there this morning and on the drive Glenn called us with the sad news that Charles' guinea pig, Crazy, died this morning. I can't tell you how much sadness we are feeling. Charles is especially sad because this was his first pet that he loved so much. He had had a bump on his lower eye lid and I took him to the vet before we left. They gave us an oral antibiotic to give him to prevent infection. But it made him sicker! I was gone and Glenn tried his best, but he couldn't pull through.

I'll add the pictures when I get home and finish my travel log.

5 comments:

Cherish said...

I'm so sorry about Crazy. I've lost several pets and it is hard no matter how old you are.

Mindy said...

Just a couple more days until you pick me up, yeah! Sorry about Crazy! I have so much to chat wih you about! Have fun, tell everyone, "Hello!", for me.

Darice said...

Poor Charles! I'm sorry about Crazy.

Ronda said...

Wow...

Teri said...

Sorry I missed seeing you this trip. My hubby was at scout camp, so I was home with sleeping kids for Karaoke night! Sorry about Crazy. Give Charles a big hug!