Monday, July 14, 2008

A Fun Fun Summer!

This summer has been so fun and relaxing! Last Thursday Leasa invited me and the kids to Garden Grove's concert in the park. We brought food and sat on the grass and listened to a band that played The Monkeys, The Beatles, and the Beach Boy's music! We had so much fun! The kids all loved it! Leasa really wanted to get up and dance but I think it would have killed Kaitlin, so she controlled herself.

Friday was our Mom's Group at the park. The kids always have a blast there! Ronda and Kim showed up and we just talked for hours while the boys ran around and the girls played in the sand box. It was really relaxing!

That night Leasa invited me over for a jacuzzi night. Let me tell you, it was very much needed and we had such a great time. Rebecca was so nice and offered to watch the kids for me!

Today we all went to see my SIL Pam. She has been wanting help with her blog. So, it was a good excuse to take a day and see her! She is always so much fun and has so much to talk about! I could talk to her forever. The kids were happy to go out for ice cream with Aunt Pam. She likes being their "Treat" Aunt! She's trying to guarantee her place as their favorite aunt. Glenn was especially glad to spend some time with her because she's really his only family left in SoCal. We love you, Pam!

When I was at Pam's house, My friend Mindy called me twice wanting to know when I was going to be home. She let it slip that she had sent something to me and she was worried because it was sitting on my porch. We didn't get home until almost 6PM and found a vase with a dozen yellow roses!! They had been sitting in the heat all day long but they were still in great condition! They smell so delicious! Mindy has always done special things like that for me! She really cares about people and has a huge heart!

OK, I have to rant about something though. On the way home, it was rush hour traffic, so I was trying to stay in the carpool lane. I kept getting trapped behind slow drivers! They were only going the speed limit! Both the cars that trapped me along my journey home, were single passenger cars! There was no one else in their cars!! I was so ticked! Each time I passed them we would look in their car and there was no one there!! They were probably staying within the speed limit so they wouldn't get caught. It really bugged me! But, I don't know what bugged me more- that they were in the carpool lane, or that they were in my way.

Once again I'll have to wait for Glenn to bring home my camera cord so I can post all of the pictures.


4 comments:

Jaime said...

You're so lucky to have such great friends. What a treasure.

Cory said...

once i get to feeling better after this kid pops out, i will have to meet you guys at the park.

Mindy said...

I'm glad you got to hang out with Pam all day! I loved playing that water game that one time at Joanne's house with Pam and her family. Anyway, Why doesn't Joanne have a blog? Tell her I said she needs to get with the program. I would loved to say hello to her. Happy day! Only 10 more days 'til P.F. Changs and games. Christine says..."Check It!!!"

The Brookhousers said...

Thanks for helping me with my blog yesterday!! It was so great spending time with all you guys. It was the best medicine ever... I am glad that you guys are down here with us so we aren't all alone! We need to stick together. thank you so much for the beautiful roses... I just love them!!