Monday, July 21, 2008

Our Anniversary!

Tonight we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary!! It's actually tomorrow, but Glenn has to work. It's kind of funny because every year we really do celebrate making it one more year! But, I have to say that Glenn has been a wonderful husband. He's a hard worker and really goes the extra mile to help people out. I love him!

Tonight Glenn took me out to a movie and dinner at PF Chang's. We always love going there but we've only been for our anniversaries. Then we walked around the Irvine Spectrum for a while. The Winston's were watching Maryn for us and we ended up playing a really fun game at their house when we came to pick her up. They are such a fun couple!

Where was Charles, you may ask? He went home with my mom and is now at my brother's house! I know that those of you that know me well, know that this is a HUGE step for me! I really don't like being away from my kids- almost at all. If it weren't for the fact that he's thrilled to death to spend time with his cousin Jesse, I might not have ever let him go! I also totally get the fact that it's good for him to have experiences and build relationships. So, in that way, I was excited for him. I have cried a few times though. Maryn is having a really hard time without her brother. I will be so relieved when he's actually home and she can stop crying all the time.

Glenn and I did have to laugh at one thing: The day Charles left we had been giving him hugs and kisses and telling him how much we love him and how much we hoped he has a great time. He would smile and hug us back. When he went in to tell his guinea pig, Crazy good-bye, he came out just sobbing! I had to hug him and hold him and reassure him that Crazy would be fine and well taken care of. He said he knew that, but he'd just really miss him! Wow! We know where we stand!


Here's a picture of my new niece, Sadie:


6 comments:

Jaime said...

So fun! Congratulations on your anniversary! Every year is a triumph, and you deserve to celebrate!

Mindy said...

So you have an awesome husband, Whoop de doo!!!!! Stop acting like you're all hot because your husband loves you!
congratulations you two love birds! I hope you celebrated properly!
Emily always has a hard time without Joseph too. Tell Maryn we are going to have a fun party for her birthday! Can't wait to see you in just a couple days!!

Darice said...

Congratulations! I bet Charles is having a great time!

Mindy said...

Sadie is very cute and she looks so sweet. I love the bow. Ask Beth if I could borrow her sometime!

Laurel R. G. said...

Thats great you had a great time with Uncle Glenn. I do have to agree with laughing at one thing part. I busted out laughing. If I was younger like him I would probably do the same. I can't wait until I see you soon! :D

BubbaandM said...

Thirteen years already?!? Wow, time sure goes by fast. Happy Anniversary!