Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Charles' Observations in the Walmart...

I took the kids to Walmart today to pick up a few necessities. I'm starting to think of all of the things that I need for our trip next week. While we were there I decided to pick up a box of baby wipes for the car. As I was checking the different prices and brands, I hear Charles say, "Cool! Strawberry and Grape!"

I looked over to find him holding two bottles of flavored personal lubricant! Horror washed over me!! In my haste, I'd neglected to pay attention to the whole birth control section in our same aisle! I quickly told him to put them back and come stand by me before he started noticing all the other things right by it! He obeyed even though he seemed a little confused and never asked me why. I was grateful for that. I think he just thought it was candy or something. But, it left me a little irritated that they had baby items (lotion, wipes, shampoo) right there. Why would they set it up like that?

The second observation Charles had was in the aisle that had all of the cleaning products. He looked at the shelves and commented how dirty they were. Then he said, "I wonder why they don't clean them? They have all the cleaning stuff right here." It made me think. It's so true! Why don't they clean them?

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow! I don't even think my kids know what cleaning products are! Wow, Strawberry, really? Cool! I'm going to Walmart!

Cherish said...

Haha, that's hilarious! That is really poor aisle layout. You should complain!

Jaime said...

All stores are like that, I've noticed. I guess they figure it's the natural order of things, first you make the baby, then you clean the baby. Oh my gosh, you're so lucky he didn't ask more questions!