Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Birthday Massage!!

Today was a great day! A few months ago, my friend Leasa had given me a gift certificate to a salon for an hour long massage. Today, we finally got the chance to go. I was a little nervous because it was only my 2nd massage ever and the first one was on our cruise with a woman. This one, Leasa told me, was with a man and I was a little hesitant, but, it was a reflexology massage and I didn't have to disrobe. That made me relax. Anyway, we get to the salon and I find out that the owner is a lady I know from my ward growing up and she's very good friends with my grandma! I was so excited!

The men that do the massage are specially trained in China. Leasa and I were able to have our massages at the same time and it was so relaxing. The room was candlelit and had soft music and running water and pictures of nature. (Wow, it sounds so romantic when I describe it- but it wasn't- just relaxing!!)

The massage was head to toe and the reflexology was on the feet, face, and ears. Glenn is a big believer in all that. He's so jealous right now that I had to promise him I'd take him for his birthday! So, maybe this could be a new thing for us to do together. It's way better than a movie for anniversaries and such!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Oooh...sounds super nice. Where is this spa? Do I know that lady that runs it?

Vivian said...

I'm so jealous! I need a massage soon. That was a wonderful gift from Leasa.

Anonymous said...

It's in HB and the owner is Sopie from 6th ward. I don't know how to spell her last name! I'll ask Leasa for the name of the spa.

Teri said...

How fun! That sounds like a great thing to do for an anniversary!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

I always thought Benjamin was pretty saucy myself. That's so funny! I really don't mind the movie. It just makes me laugh...a lot. Miss you!

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh a massage sounds wonderful! What a wonderful gift!

Mindy said...

I'm back! I need a massage too. Sounds so awesome. Love you!