Sunday, September 28, 2008

Embarrassing Memory!

I was watching "The Office" a couple of days ago. They were having a weight-loss challenge and everyone had to stand together on a huge freight scale in the warehouse. I started laughing so hard because it triggered one of my most embarrassing memories!

Years ago when I was about 10 weeks pregnant with Charles- I remember because I was carrying around the ultrasound photo in my pocket- I was serving in YW. That day we had all gone down to the OC Food Bank to package food. It was a great day! Anyway, at the beginning of the day a man called us to gather around so he could go over all that was expected. Since I'm kind of short, I stepped onto this metal platform so I could see him better. After a couple of minutes Glenn waved me over to him (he was in YM). He let me know that I had been standing on a huge scale. My weight was broadcasting on a huge digital screen on the wall!! All the people had been watching it! I was so embarrassed and horrified! He let me know that it was way more than what I had told him- nice husband! LOL! I wanted to use the excuse that I was pregnant, but 10 weeks isn't an excuse! After that the youth had a great time playing on the scale- now that they all knew what it was!

8 comments:

Seth said...

Oh Jamie! That is a horrible situation but made me laugh too thinking of how the office triggered that memory. Thanks for making me laugh!

Cherish said...

That's horrible! I would have died!

Michelle Marie Walton said...

I'm so sorry! You tell your husband, your a hot babe at any weight.

Jaime said...

Sorry, but that's hilarious! I would have been embarassed too, though. But I bet you no one remembers it but you and maybe Glenn.

Anonymous said...

what are the frickin' chances?! oh my gosh jamie!! thats like out of a movie or something!

Darice said...

So, so funny! What a great story- now that it is in the past- I couldn't even imagine!!

Mindy said...

Ha ha, I remember you told me that story. I would have just died!! It's good to be able to laugh now.

Jill said...

Jamie Durham! Holy Cow! It's been ages! I love Facebook for its friend finding factor. Thanks for finding me! Kindred Spirits always reconnect!

I'm so glad you have a blog. Now I can know what you're up to in your life. Your little family is darling, you look fabulous, your husband sounds wonderful, and your children are georgeous. Mostly as I read through, I'm struck by what a wonderful and fun mom you are. You go girl!

We too watch the office. We loved the weight-loss episode for it sheer ridiculousness. I threw my scale out years ago. I refuse to feel good or bad about myself because of an arbitrary number, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like to have accidentally stepped on a scale to have my weight digitally displayed to a crowd. That's quite a story.

I love you Jamie and I'm happy I found you. I too have a blog and would love to have you as a reader. I will be adding your blog to my list.

Jill Stauffer Dickey