Thursday, September 25, 2008

Visitors!

Yesterday, we had the opportunity to welcome Glenn's parents for a visit! Since they moved to Idaho a few years ago, we haven't been able to see them very often. This visit was so much fun! They got here- our house- Wednesday morning and took Glenn, Maryn and me out to a late breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. Then we put Maryn down for a nap and waited for Charles to be out of school. When he got home, Dad, Glenn and Charles went to a rock and gem shop at Adventure City, while Mom, Maryn and I went to Rite-Aid and got Glenn a wrist brace.

I know that the Rite-Aid trip doesn't sound fun but it was! They had a 75% off clearance sale on all their school stuff! I was able to get packs of gel pens for 80 cents and even found a dolphin backpack for Maryn that was only $2.49!! Besides that, who doesn't love their ice cream? Of course we had to get a scoop before we left.

In preparation for their visit, Glenn and I had worked hard cleaning our room- top to bottom. We hung curtains and pictures. It looks awesome! I even did complimentary turn-down service with chocolates on the pillows! (The chocolate thing is a tribute to my SIL Sandra who imagines her home a bed and breakfast when family visits!)

That night, we went out to dinner. We were severely spoiled! Glenn was tasting a bit of paradise when he finally got to order his all-you-can-eat riblets from Applebee's. I was just grateful I could order off of the Weight Watcher's menu after our awesome breakfast!

This morning they had to leave. I thought that we'd be able to have lunch together but there was too much work to get done in Ventura. They had to get on the road. So, we will pacify ourselves with the great memories. My favorites:

Dad reading to Maryn,
Mom coloring with Maryn,
Mom playing Poke Mon with Charles- so funny!,
And, Dad watching Project Runway and Karate Kid with me!

We love them so much and look forward to the next visit!

5 comments:

Laurel R. G. said...

Sounded like you had fun with Gramps anD grandma!! You should try on what I have done with my pics!!...haha

Ange said...

Sounds like fun! Grandparents are so good at spoiling! We would love to meet for dinner! We should figure out a time!

Michelle Marie Walton said...

Sound Fun! What movie did you watch with the kids?

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

I am so jealous. I miss everyone so much! Glad you had fun.

Mindy said...

Those are such wonderful memories. I'm glad you all had such a great time.