Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Disneyland and El Torito!!

Today was a wonderfully, busy day!!

It all started with a Primary Presidency meeting- very productive, although not much fun! Then Maryn and I took off for Disneyland! Once again we packed our lunch to save $$. We met up with my cousin Tiffany and her girls and had the best time!! Maryn and Rebekah get along very well- Maryn talks and Rebekah listens. We just let the girls decide what they wanted and we followed. The interesting part came when I had to jog- yes JOG- to hurry and move my car before my parking was up.

We weren't planning on getting Disneyland passes again since Maryn turned 3 last year. But, when my mom and Chad took us to Disneyland this summer, we turned in the tickets for 2 basic passes for me and Maryn to go when Charles is at school. Anyway, we couldn't get parking at the time because it was an extra $60!! So I, being so frugal, decided that I wouldn't mind parking at Downtown Disney and moving the car every 3 hours. It's worked out well because the Monorail is right there- until today! I gave myself 15 minutes to get to the car because Maryn stayed with my cousin. I walk all the way to the Monorail and it was closed!! What? I took off as fast as I could. Once I was outside the park I jogged and speed-walked to get to my car! I must have looked hilarious! But, I made it- dripping with sweat, of course. And, I felt like I earned my dinner!

We went out with my brother Slade and Sara to El Torito for dinner tonight. I haven't eaten there in years! It was so delicious! And, Wednesdays kids eat free! Slade ended up taking us out. Now we owe them dinner again. It never ends with those 2!

So, as my friend Mindy told me earlier today: Maybe the Monorail breaking down was a blessing because it made me exercise so I didn't feel guilty about eating out tonight. I think she's right!

7 comments:

Dave said...

I miss Disneyland!

Ronda said...

I am glad you got to Disneyland this week. We had fun on Monday. Hope we can go together sometime with the girls again.
El Torito sounds yummy...I haven't been there in a long time either.
See you later

Tiffany said...

I had such a blast with you today. Bekah loves Maryn as well. I look forward to our next trip. I will pack our lunch next time.

Tiffany said...

Also, I had my presidency meeting tonight, lol.

Darice said...

So wished I lived there and could have come!!! How fun! I had my presidency meeting yesterday too- WEIRD!

Mindy said...

Good jogging!! I'm so proud of you. Glad you had fun.

Teri said...

I'm so jealous of your Disney trips!!