Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Can't Believe It's Already Starting!

I just got back from the grocery store with Maryn. I had made a list and Maryn was holding it for me while we shopped. When we got to the check-out line, the man behind us struck up a conversation with Maryn that went like this:

Man: "Is that your shopping list?"
Maryn: "Uh-huh!"
Man: "Are you helping your mommy shop?"
Maryn: "We have to buy all the things on the list."
Man: "Yeah?"
Maryn: "If you don't buy anything on the list, then you will have no food and then you will be starving!"
Man: "Yeah, if you starve, then you will be skinny. You want to be skinny, don't you?"

I couldn't believe what I heard!! Luckily the checker was starting to scan our stuff so I could move forward. This was a man in his late forties. I could tell he was probably into weight-training. But my daughter is 4 years old and perfectly healthy! 50th percentile for weight and 75th for height. Why would he say that to her? What kind of psycho people live in this world?

6 comments:

Ronda said...

So Crazy!!!

Mindy said...

He's right you know! haha What a perv! Keep an eye on her. Weirdos of all ages seem to like to talk to her!

Cory said...

you better get that kid on a diet now! that way when she's 20 she can enter some program for an eating disorder like all the movie stars these days. people are retarded. at least their not your relatives. i have some family member just like that guy. very close relatives. it sucks.

Teri said...

That's horrible!!!

Darice said...

How freaky it makes me want to NEVER let my girls go anywhere alone EVER!

Ange said...

Thats really sad, it shows what is important in the world today.