Sunday, September 14, 2008

Camping!

Well, this week-end was our Ward Camp out! Once again I took the kids by myself. Glenn, of course had to work. He misses out on a lot. Some people have questioned me on occasion about why I go certain places without him and if I miss him. The answer is "Yes" I do miss him at every activity that he should be at. But, at the same time, I refuse to have my kids miss out on going places and doing things just because Glenn's not there. As much as I want him to be with us, I can't deprive the kids of fun memories! Soon, he will be able to have more control over his schedule and he'll turn up at more social functions. (That's my explanation, so everyone knows that I do care about my big hunk of man!)

So, it was easier this year than last year because Maryn's older and more obedient. I was able to set up camp quickly, especially when the Wheelers showed up and helped me with the tent! The kids had a blast playing with all of the other kids. There was a really good group this year. We had 3 families bring s'more stuff and 3 families bring hot chocolate! The kids were in heaven with all of the sugar!

Charles had so much fun on the night hike and he stayed up late playing games with the Crosby twins. The next day he went on another hike with the boys and rode bikes. As of now he does not own a bike, so he borrowed a girl's bike to ride around. It was purple and everyone laughed at him, but he really wanted to ride so badly that he didn't care- until the ride home when he thought about everyone making fun of him and then he got really sad. He's a good kid though. I'm sure Santa will see fit to get him a cool boy's bike!

Maryn had fun eating the marshmallows and playing in the dirt with her friend Carter. She was such a sight! She said that she loves to be dirty. She was so excited to be camping that she could hardly stand it! She asked me over a dozen times if we were going to sleep in the tent- that's after it was set up!

That night we had a fun group of people that stayed up to play Catch-Phrase. I had so much fun! After that we stayed up and talked about ghost stories, and serial killers. Rachael, Jaime and I were sufficiently scared by the time we went to bed at 1:30! And it got worse when I heard someone walking right outside my tent and stopping!! I almost had a heart attack because David had to get the wipes for Jaime!

I probably didn't go to sleep until about 2am and Charles was up at 6:30! Needless to say, Saturday was spent with the worst of migraines and the grumpiest of moms! But, in the end, it's all worth it because of all of the wonderful memories!

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh you poor thing! Migraines are the worst, I can't believe you went to church. The late night campfire was so fun. I thought it was great that Charles didn't care it was a girl's bike, he just had fun! Jeremy rides a pink scooter cause it was free! Santa needs to stop by our house with a bike for Jeremy this year too, he's had his since he was 2 and it's a little small!

Darice said...

Way fun- loved the ward campouts as a kid! Sounds like Santa's sleigh is going to be really full with boy's bikes! Carson could use a bigger one too!

Mindy said...

I think we should camp for our next summer trip. I am already excited about it and we havent even planned it. Let's start planning!! Miss you!

Ange said...

hey guys! how the heck are you? You all look great! We have a blog also, check it out gilesfunwithfamily.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

hahaha!!! oh the crazy serial killers!!! good times, good times! seriously i can't stress it enough...if i end up gone one day you know where to look. i'll be in a box with handcuffs!!

Ange said...

We are good, just busy working and being a mom! I can't believe how big Charles and Maryn are! Livy will be one tommarrow!

Cory said...

sounds like fun. we are the worst about ward actiities. either we don't even know about them at all or we have all intentions of going and forget or get sick or something. i need to be more social.