Saturday, January 19, 2008

Busy Week-end!

Hi Everyone! Well I have caught the baking bug! I've decided to teach myself how to bake bread without the bread machine. Yesterday I made rolls for the first time and they turned out pretty good. I did an egg bread recipe. The only thing was that they didn't rise as much as I'd have liked them to. I think the water wasn't warm enough. Next on my list is a honey wheat bread recipe. Feel free to leave me tips- I need them! That means you, J!

Well, litlle Maryn is sick. She woke up from her nap with a temp of 101 degrees! I just put her to bed and she was complaining that her throat hurt. Poor girl! I knew that we've had too good of luck lately with all the illnesses going around! Anyway, she was forced to miss the Ward Chili Cook-off tonight. She was pretty devastated because she had looked forward to it for 2 days. She cried and cried when Charles got to go with our friends. (He really wanted to be a judge this year! Thanks J!) But this sweet little girl said her goodnight prayer and blessed Charles that he would have a good time at the party. Moments don't get better than that.

I'd like to tell C&L thank you for inviting me to the wonderful baby shower I went to today! The food was so good! They did a luau party with some homemade teriyaki chicken, rice, potstickers, mini egg rools, California rolls, and L's delicious Spinach and Strawberry salad! I even won a prize (a See's gift certificate)!

This morning we were able to get Charles signed up for Little League. He's so excited! He picked number 99 for his jersey because he said it was the biggest number they had! I can't wait to watch him play. I'm even ready for all the time demands, I think...

3 comments:

Seth said...

Thanks for coming this weekend to the shower! I'm so glad you won too! You were so funny!

Cherish said...

Man, I miss your ward's chili cook-off! We always tried to come even though it wasn't our ward. -- Superstar's Aunt Cherish

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you won the see's certificate. those dang johnsons were trying to win all the prizes!!