Monday, January 28, 2008

Updates!




Well, so much has happened recently. The death of our prophet was such a surprise. He was so vibrant, it just seemed like he could live forever. I remember when I got to see him. I was singing in a YW's choir for a Saturday afternoon session of General Conference in Oct. 1990. Pres. Benson was in the hospital at that time. Pres. Monson walked in and promptly took his seat. Then Pres. Hinkley walked in smiling and shaking the girl's hands all through the front row of the choir loft and waving to the rest of us that were farther away. I remember the spirit so strongly confirming that those men were Apostles of God. I will never forget the sweetness of his smile and the brightness of his countenance.

I got a new calling yesterday. I'm the new Primary Secretary. I'm excited to work with the new presidency because they are all great women. Plus, it will be the perfect calling if I ever get pregnant!

I just wanted to thank my awesome friend M who brightens my day with her sparkling personality and awesome sense of humor! I don't get to see her much but she's the "sun" in sunshine! Thanks for being there for me even when you're not here! XO!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Thanks for making me cry. I had just finished a long cry. You have no idea how much you mean to me. I love you so much. Can't wait to see you. You are the wind beneath my wings.

Melanie said...

Congrats on the new calling!! That will be fun for you...a nice change. I loved Primary.