Sunday, February 17, 2008

Call Jesus!

I thought I'd share what Maryn must have learned in her Primary class today:

When we were driving home from church, the kids started teasing each other. Charles must have taken it a bit too far when he called her a boy. Maryn screeched at him (not a pleasant sound) and I told them that I'd had enough. Of course Maryn had to relay an account of everything that I had just heard for myself. I told her to nicely ask Charles to stop teasing her. I told Charles to please stop saying she's a boy. But that wasn't good enough! Maryn demanded that I call Jesus, so He can tell her brother not to tease her. I explained that Charles said he wouldn't tease her again. But she insisted that I call Jesus right then. She said that all I have to do is say a prayer and Jesus will come. She kept telling me to pray right then in the car for Jesus to come! She said that her teacher told her that. Now, how do you explain this to a 3 year old? I told her to go ahead and say the prayer (for obviously she has more faith than I do)- because I was driving. That's when she finally relented. She decided that she didn't want to be the one to say the prayer. But I'll always wonder, what would have happened if she did say that prayer with child-like faith?

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I wish I could call Jesus so he can tell my kids a thing or two. Maryn means business. She wants to go right to the top. Too funny!

Teri said...

Jamie,
I love that! I would have loved to see what would happen if she had prayed. So much more faith than I have.

Teri

Vanessa and Phillip said...

haha-that is sooo funny! you have the cutest, funniest kids! PS-it was fun seeing you this weekend! thanks for the dental office tips :)