Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ticky Tacky?

I was dropping Maryn off at pre-school yesterday when I had a new first! I signed her in and then noticed that the board with all the little name-tags wasn't there. So, I peeked my head in the door and told the pre-school teacher we needed the name-tags. She thanked me for reminding her (because they don't want to have to put all the name-tags on) and the substitute got the board. The substitute was an older lady that I've only met once before. When she came up to me she said, "You guys are so Ticky Tacky out here."
I said, "What?"
She said, "You guys are so Ticky Tacky about the name-tags!"
I said, "What does that mean?"
Then she said, "I'm just kidding." and walked past me!
I was just like what? Is she serious? I wasn't offended really, I just found it odd. What a strange thing to say to someone! So, I guess I'm Ticky Tacky everyone! (Is there a real definition for that word?)

5 comments:

Jaime said...

So apparently is just means you're all the same. Here's a little link to an old classic song that explains it. Still weird though. http://www.motherbird.com/boxes.html

Anonymous said...

So weird, I've never heard that before either.

Mindy said...

TICKY-TACKY
NOUN: Shoddy material, as for the construction of standardized housing.
ADJECTIVE: 1. Made of shoddy material; cheaply built. 2a. Marked by a mediocre uniformity of appearance or style: ticky-tacky rows of look-alike houses. b. Tawdry; tacky.
THIS IS THE DEFINITION IN MY DICTIONARY. SO, BASICALLY YOU ARE ALL CHEAP, UNSTYLISH, TACKY AND RESEMBLE EACH OTHER IN A MEDIOCRE, TAWDRY LIKE WAY.
I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE THAT ME AND MY FRIENDS ARE WAY TICKY TACKY!!

Cory said...

that's dumb. you were just trying to help. tell that lady to shove it. okay, not really, but you can at least say it in your head the next time you see her.

Melanie said...

Maybe she meant nit-picky? That's the only thing I could think of!