Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Charles' Brush with Death!!

I haven't posted in a while because I haven't really had much going on but, today was so frightening!!

This morning, I was monitoring Charles so he'd get ready for school and I told him to brush his teeth. I had just made a new rule that he had to use the adult toothpaste because he's been getting bad breath lately and I can't tolerate that!! So, I walked by the bathroom and reminded him to use my toothpaste. He reluctantly put the Dr. Seuss bubble gum toothpaste away and proceeded to put the tiniest smear of Colgate on his brush. I, getting frustrated with this scene, decided to take over and put the correctly-sized glob of paste on his toothbrush and proceeded to brush his teeth for him. (Usually he likes me to brush his teeth for him because then it only has to be done once instead of doing it himself when I check it and send him back to do it again.) During the ordeal, he's getting upset at the minty-fresh taste inhabiting his mouth. The drooling and spitting start. But, I was far from done... In my quest for fresh breath, I insisted that he let me brush his tongue. This is when I must have taken it too far!! The wrestling match began as I held his face and attempted to find his tongue- which he refused to stick out. Amidst all of the crying and gagging, the 60 second task was finally completed! He left the bathroom and started getting dressed. That's when I heard a tiny whimper coming from the hallway. I found Charles with huge tears in his eyes and asked him what was wrong. He said, "I almost died!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
I have had similar situations at my house, so I know where you're coming from. Only I never have tried the tongue. I can't imagine. I always tell the kids it's Dr.'s orders that we brush their teeth once a day. It's still the same scene though.
I admit I've never had one of them say they almost died, just act like it.
Sometimes Bryce will come home and brush his teeth once or twice for the meals he ate at school.

Anonymous said...

that's so funny!! poor little guy.

GreathouseMom said...

you are such a mean mom!!! I am the president of the mean mom association and after reviewing this information my comittee would like to extend an ivitation to join our club. All of our children have been close to death by our hands. Christopher, it was due to immunizations for kindergarten. After leaving the office he ran down the hall screaming "They're trying to kill me!!" Everyone stared like I might be a kidnapper. Joseph has had quite a few attempts on his life during nail clipping time. Emily fears for her life everyday! Charles can join our victim witness program with the other victims. The perpatrators ( I mean moms) get to attend group therapy and discuss their malicicous behavior. congratulations on your new membership.

Jaime said...

and they say all the drama is with girls.

Vivian said...

That is so funny! Silly and him must be related with such dramatics.

Seth said...

That's is so funny! I love it! Poor Charles :)