Monday, February 11, 2008

Super-Fun Week-End with Mindy!!






OK, I had the best week-end in a long time! My friend M came to visit me (oh, and some other people too!) and it was the best time! I picked her up from the airport on Thurs. morning and we spent the day at the mall and went to dinner at Claim Jumper and a movie! She took me out because I have no life right now! Then the next day we went to Sunset Beach with Maryn and just relaxed! M had a special knack for befriending all of the seagulls at the beach. They all loved her! She was even trying to get them to eat the crackers right off of her butt!!
That night we had a super-fun Girl's Game Night with our friend S. She was amazing! She cooked a roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes, homemade bruschetta, sugar cookies, and Better-Than-Sex cake. We played Racko and Monopoly (I won!). M stayed at S's house for a couple of days and then came to visit me today.
M and I went to the beach again with our friend R and all the kids. It was so much fun! The weather is perfect even though the water is freezing! The kids didn't care though! They both flew kites- even Maryn! I was so suprised to see her running up and down the shore with her little kite! Charles was a pro though! He got that kite up so high that I couldn't get a picture of it! He also built a tent. He dug a hole and stood a log up in it and threw a sheet over it. Who would have thought that we could have so much fun at the beach in the middle of winter?!

Thanks M for being a super-special friend! I enjoyed all the time that I spent with you! I will remember all the fun games at the beach and how the seagulls loved you so much as they hovered over your body! I don't think that I've laughed that hard in a long time! I wish that I could have stopped laughing long enough to get a picture of that! Come back soon!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Words can't express the happiness and joy I had this weekend. I will never stay away for that long again. I am the reddest chick in Utah. I am so burned. I love you Jamie and I had the greatest time. Tell Charles that Emily loved her shells. Thank Maryn for playing babies with me. Thank Glenn for letting me steal you for a few days. Can't wait to see you again. Better keep on reading!!!

Mindy said...

Do you know what's up with the BOM progress chart??

Jaime said...

I'm so glad you got to see Mindy, she's your absolute soulmate. So fun too, that you went to the beach, I love the beach!