Saturday, February 9, 2008

Maryn's Tail!

I wanted to share what Maryn did today! She's been potty-trained since Sept. 2006 but I still want to help her wipe so I'm not cleaning stained underwear. So, everytime she has to go to the bathroom an announcement is heard throughout the whole neighborhood. The world is expected to stop everything and wait for the task to be accomplished! When she's completed her task, another call is heard world-wide. This time urging me to rush to her side. Today was a first. I entered the bathroom to find her standing on her stool with a piece of toilet paper streaming from her behind. I promptly removed it and she started laughing! She said I took her tail away! She had put it there on purpose just wanting to see what I would do!

Today was a fun day with the kids. I tried to take them to Atlantis Park. It took me almost a half an hour to drive there and back because I didn't realize that there would be a huge TET celebration right there by the park. The streets were jammed! No U-turns and definetly no parking! It was crazy! People were parking like 5 blocks away and walking! I was so upset that of course I would pick this day and this park to take the kids to. I almost bagged the whole idea but I didn't want to disappoint the kids. So I went home and got all of the old bread and crackers I could scavenge and we went to Huntington Beach Central Park. It was very relaxing and the kids found friends to play with. The best part was feeding the ducks. They loved that! So, it turned out to be a great day after all.

5 comments:

The English's said...

Now that's funny (hahaha)
she pulled a good one on you, quite the comedian!

Sounds like you had a great day with the kids. Did the ducks chase them around to. :-)

Mindy said...

did you put crakers on your kids so they would get attacked by ducks?

Hey, what is your schedule tomorrow? I thought that maybe Stephanie could bring me down to your house in the morning and we could hang out for a couple hours before i go home. i miss you already. maybe we could go to the beach for a little bit. i have to be to the airport by about 2. call me and let me know if any of this will work for you.

Mindy said...

P.S. you have a little bit of reading to do.

Teri said...

We moms have to be resourceful sometimes! Changing plans can be a real pain.

Enjoy Mindy while you have her!! She's the best!

Laurel R. G. said...

That is so hilarious!!