Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Is Glenn Crazy?

I wanted to tell you all what Glenn was up to yesterday. As most of you know, Glenn has been working overnight. His shift is 10 hours- 8PM to 6AM. (That really means that he's gone from 6PM to 8AM.) Well, since he's still on training for the next few months, he feels the need to impress all the trainers and everyone else that has seniority. So, he agreed to participate in the academy recruit's final run. This is a 6 mile run! Glenn has been sitting in a car for the past few months! So yesterday, after getting off his 10 hour overnight shift, he drove over to the academy for a 6 mile run! Is he crazy?! Luckily he's a natural runner so he didn't die! I just couldn't believe he agreed to do that. He said that when they asked him, he couldn't say "no". He did say that when they were running up the hill he did think that he would die- but he made it! I'm so glad!

4 comments:

GreathouseMom said...

I wish I was that crazy. You go Glenn. Next time you should go with him.

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

I always knew Uncle Glenn was crazy, just a different kind of crazy. Now he is taking his craziness to a whole new level. Ask him when he is going to volunteer to run a full blown marathon after the night shift. I'm waiting for it...

Teri said...

That sounds like something Earl would do. Not the running part, but that 'I couldn't say no' part! Always impressing the superiors and working hard! I'm glad he isn't the only on with that problem!

Anonymous said...

Glenn Crazy? Of course, when is he not crazy. lol. Great job Glenn! Proud of you.