Saturday, February 2, 2008

Charles' Try-Outs!

Well, we just got back from Charles' Little League try-outs and he did a great job! He was so excited! We got him a new mitt and luckily the cleats I bought him last year still fit! He did really well on all three things they judged him on. The only 2 things I was disappointed in, was that the guys threw the ball way over his head on all three of the pop fly's and one of the pitches was really short but they still counted it! But, I keep my mouth shut so I won't be one of those loud-mouth parents everybody hates! I think he'll do really well this season. It was really hard for him to decide what he wanted to do this year because his heart was set on Karate since the summer. We had told him that in January he could start Karate training and then he got the Little League invitation in the mail. We told him that he could only choose 1 activity (because we're not rich!) and it took him almost 2 weeks to decide! He honestly thought about it and debated back and forth! But, I wouldn't help him decide because I wanted it to be completely his choice. I have to say that I was a little relieved that he chose baseball because it's a one-time fee and not another monthly expense! He says that he'll choose Karate next year but I have a feeling we'll be in the same boat again! I'm so proud of him. He's a huge happiness in our lives. I couldn't imagine what our family would be like without his huge heart bringing so much love into our home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charles sure is growing up fast. That's quite a decision to make mom. He managed it real well putting his thinking hat on. Maybe he'll be some big corporate executive making big decisions someday.

Give him a hug for us,
Chad and Mom

Mindy said...

My heart aches to be able to be close to you and your family. We would just love to watch Charles play ball. Time goes by so fast. I pray someday to have you in my everyday life. Who knows how, but it's one of my greatest hopes. I miss you all. The kids do too. Can't wait to see you. Tell Charles that Joseph thinks it is so cool that Charles is playing baseball. In the summer he wants to go to the park and play sports with Charles. Oh, and Emily wants to play Barbies, Polly and teach Maryn how to sew. Love You.

Cory said...

baseball is so fun. i think it's good that you guys only let him do the one thing. so many parents have their kids in five million different activities these days and i see it run their lives. they don't even sit down for dinner together, they eat it on the way to the next thing on their list. it's too much and it ends up taking a toll on the kids and the parents and the whole family. it's good to just limit it to one thing at a time that way you can spend time with each other instead of rushing off here and there.