Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another Frustrating Encounter!

I know that I'm always posting about the infuriating people that I come across in my daily comings and goings. It's good to be able to express my frustration at how the general public accepts rudeness as normal! Today was another:

The past couple of months I have been going to a few different grocery stores to shop for their sale items. It has saved me money and I've been able to purchase things I'd normally walk past. Today I was at Albertsons for their 8 hour sale buying cheese and hamburger meat. The back of the store was under construction. The butchers were walking back and forth restocking the meat section but there was no one working the counter. Soon both of the butchers went to the back and started talking. I was waiting there for a minute looking for some sort of bell to ring but I couldn't find one. Both the butchers looked at me a few times while I was standing at the counter but when I tried to wave them over, they would turn around. I was starting to get frustrated waiting there when another woman walked up to the counter, too. I told her that they wouldn't come out. That's when I noticed that behind the counter on a white temporary wall, was a white button. I walked over and pressed it. I heard one of the men say to the other, "Finally! She figured it out!" And they both laughed.

Is it just me or are people just completely selfish and rude?

8 comments:

Jaime said...

I would so talk to the manager, that is not acceptable and totally frustrating, infuriating, unproffession, and rude!!!

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh...that is rude!!

Teri said...

How rude! I probably would have thrown a big fit.

Mindy said...

Oh my rudeness!!!

Vivian said...

So rude! Did you complain? I would have. Is this the Albertson's on Goldenwest? If it is then that is another reason why I don't shop there.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is the one by the Edwards Theater.

Teri said...

Jamie,
Just had to 're-comment'. I wish I could blame the rudeness on SoCal. I just had a rude encounter with someone from my own neighborhood today. I feel your pain!

Teri said...

Talking to someone on the phone who I expected to at least be civil to me, but they were rude. I had to call Mindy and complain. I feel better after venting, but those things always ruin my day. I know I just need to get over it.