Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Another Super-Fun Week-end!!

This past week-end was another good one!! I worked hard to clean the house because my mom and Chad came to visit. At the last minute, they decided to come down on Saturday morning instead of Friday night.

That worked out perfectly because Ronda had asked me earlier that day if I wanted to go to the movies with her. So, I called her and invited her over for brownie sundaes and a movie! We watched Cinderella Man- one of my all-time favorites! I love the family message. The brownie sundaes were so good, but almost sickeningly sweet! Neither of us could finish, although I did a lot more damage than Ronda, of course!
Saturday morning, my mom and Chad got here bright and early! They came with 2 bicycles for Charles and Maryn!! The kids were so happy!! Charles has been riding with Glenn already and Maryn will have to grow a couple of inches before she'll be able to ride hers. She talks about it everyday! Thanks mom and Chad for thinking of them!
After the kids got the bikes, we took off to the Kid's Faire at the OC Fairgrounds. We met my SIL Sara and Kaydence there. We had a great time walking around the exhibits. I think my mom signed up for everything! Chad bought tickets for Maryn to ride the ponies and Charles to ride a camel! They thought that was so awesome!
When we were done with the fair, we all went to Slade and Sara's house to take naps and have dinner. It was funny to see all the people sleeping! Charles played guitar hero and Sara made a delicious dinner. That night we all crashed out early.

The next morning, I made breakfast for my mom and Chad and they played Candyland with the kids before they had to go home to their 60 pound "baby", Emmy! All-in-all it was a fun visit!

4 comments:

Cherish said...

A camel?! That is really cool!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Sounds fun. Did you hear we are coming down the week of Thanksgiving? We should try to get together!

Mindy said...

Such nice family memories! Kaydence looks like a mini Slade with a dress on. So cute! Charles and Maryn look like they were so happy!! Thay are super cute kids and I love them to pieces. I miss you guys.

Ronda said...

I can't wait to do it again!
It seems like so long ago even though it was only 5 days ago.

Hopefully next year it will work out better to go to the Kids Faire.