Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekly Sleepover!

Every week, the kids and I have a sleepover together. Since Glenn works over-night shifts, it gives us the opportunity to have a lot of time together. Saturday night, Glenn and I took the kids to the Cable's housewarming party and then to the dollar theater to see "Journey to the Center of the Earth". It was a fun movie!

After that, we got the kids ready for bed and Glenn took a nap before work in the living room. The kids and I got into our big bed and I brought in a couple of flashlights. That entertained them for a good hour! We played flashlight tag on the ceiling and made all sorts of shapes. The funniest one was when Maryn made a grandma alligator- it really looked like one! Then she had fun making shadows of her foot and saying, "Say hello to Mr. Footy!" about 100 times! I can't tell you how much I love those kinds of memories.

6 comments:

Anne said...

What a great way to make the best of your husband working nights. I've loved catching up via your blog. The story about the giant scale kills me!

Kari said...

Looks like you are making some great memories. I used to love to play with the flashlight at night with Kiersten! Can't wait to read more of your blog. I linked it to my blog list so I can see anytime you update. Glad you found me.

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Cute. What a good mommy.

Laurel R. G. said...

I miss u so much!! When is the next time i get to see you?!! Love you lots! :D

GreathouseMom said...

So fun!! I love those kind of memories with my kids. We should play a game like that on our next vacation. Miss you. Thank you for your constant support and love. I couldn't do it without you!!!!

Mindy said...

I think you are such a good mom!! Charles and Maryn are lucky to have you!