Thursday, October 16, 2008

One Super-Crazy Fabulously Wonderful Day!!

Yesterday was a wonderful day, but I'm sure you will all think that I'm a little crazy (if you don't already!).

A couple of weeks ago, our landlord came over and asked me if I would chaperon his 14 year old daughter and her friend at Knott's Scary Farm. So, Glenn traded shifts and our landlord got me a ticket so that I could go.

Then a couple of days ago, I got a call from My cousin, Darice, that she was in town from Arizona and going to Disneyland. They already had 2 people to sign them in and offered the last sign-in spot to Charles! He's been dying to go! His 2 boy cousins his age were going also and so that made it so special.

Well, these 2 activities were both yesterday! Yes, I took the kids to Disneyland all day in the heat, and then 2 teenage girls to Knott's all night long!

Disneyland was so much fun! It was my 2 cousins, Darice and Tiffany, and 7 kids! Darice left her 2 little ones home. Surprisingly, the day went very smoothly. We seemed to have great timing and really accomplished so much. Darice and her kids hadn't been in 2 years. Her little Morgan was so cute planning out each ride she wanted to go on. She had a list of 4 things she had to do. She and Maryn really got along well together. The three boys were so awesome together! They worked out ways to go on most of the rides together and really had a fun time! It was interesting to see how this combination played out, because I don't think these 3 had ever been together for any length of time. We have 5 boy cousins born the same year and they are rarely together because they live far away from each other.

I left Disneyland in time to come home and make dinner before the girls showed up at my house. The girls came over at 6pm and we were off! I was a little bit nervous about spending that much time with girls I didn't know very well, but they were so cool! They were really nice girls and didn't seem to mind me tagging along. I offered a few times for them to go do a few things without me, but they didn't really want to. So, that made it possible for me to go on so many rides I'd been dying to go on!! I played it cool and calm, but I was freaking out like a teeny-bopper inside! The rides were so awesome and all the haunted houses were really good! There are some twisted minds in this world! I don't know how they think of all the gruesome stuff I experienced last night!! The girls were not scared of anything! I was the one screaming and covering my eyes the whole time! I really tried to be nonchalant about everything but something would always surprise me and I couldn't help but scream! The night ended about 1am. I was home by 2:15am. Glenn let me sleep until 11am. What a man!

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh, they asked the right woman to go. I would have been freaking out. But what a fun day!

Dave said...

You are tough! I would have been worn out by Disneyland but Knott's Scary Farm too? Wow! I miss Knott's Scary farm. We lived a mile away but Liz would not go. Seems that she is not a big fan of getting scared! Go figure!

Kari said...

Hey, Scott took Madison last night too!! She was the one hiding in the hood of her jacket!! Sounds liek you had a blast.

Mindy said...

Fun!!! You are the bomb!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

I need to do that one of these days to prove to myself that I am still 24 and can act 24.

Ronda said...

Wow...I would have been too chicken to go.