Monday, October 20, 2008

My Tragic Accident...

Yesterday I was involved in my first car accident. I had the kids in the car with me and we were on our way to the stake center for an early choir practice for stake conference. Glenn was on his way home from work.

Anyway, I was going through the intersection of Newland and Bolsa. The right lane was open and the light turned green. I was going probably 25-30mph when a man riding a bicycle rode right in front of me! There were cars in the left lane, so I couldn't even see him until he was in front of me! I braked as fast as I could but I hit him hard. He smashed into my windshield and cut his head. His bike flew across the other lanes and he rolled to the ground. He was wearing a helmet but I have no idea how badly hurt he was because he passed out from all the bleeding. I'm just fretting because there's no way for me to find out if the man is okay! There are so many laws now, that I may never know. I wish there was a way to at least write a letter or something.

The kids are fine. The police made sure that they didn't see anything. Maryn told me today, on the way to preschool, "Mom, make sure you don't hit any boys riding bikes with your car. You're not supposed to do that, Mom." So, I guess I'll be reliving the accident forever.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness!! How scary!

Jill said...

I'm so sorry Jamie! I would still be shaking from that. I'm sure the guy is o.k. though so I wouldn't worry too much. Eric got hit by a car in a very similar way when he was younger. After a few days, he was right as rain.
Still, I would take Maryn's advice:)

Jill said...

Check your previous blog for a message.

Jaime said...

Crazy! And don't you love the kids, they're so funny. Whenever I have to brake hard, Jeremy tells me, You have to watch where you're going!

The Degener's said...

What a tramatic experience! I am so sorry! Hang in there and count your belssings that things could have been much worse!

Anne said...

Oh my gosh! What a horrible experience. I can't even imagine how you must feel. I hope you can find out how that guy is doing. At least it would ease your anxiety.

Cory said...

i'm sure he is okay so don't worry. it must have been very scary for you though.