Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Costco Date?

Okay, today was an interesting day! Glenn surprised me in more ways than one. After I got up extremely early this morning to take Charles to school and pick up Carter for the pre-school carpool, I was kind of lethargic. I put a load of dishes in the dishwasher and plopped down on my bed. Then I realized: Glenn and I have 4 hours together! What to do? Well, I suggested to him that we should do something fun together- such as take me out somewhere. He wanted to take me out to Costco, so we went! I put on my make-up and he drove me in his truck. We just walked around for a while looking at all the Christmas stuff and electronics. Glenn says we "need" a new T.V. After all that shopping, he bought me lunch there. He did ask me for a few dollars to cover it, though.

The second surprising thing he did was go on a walk with me! It was really hot outside but I really wanted to get some exercise. So, he went with me! That is something that I've been trying to get him to do with me for years! Hopefully, he'll do it again soon. It's always fun when after 13 years, my husband can still amaze me.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

We "need" a new TV too, ha ha. And I bet he'll still be surprising you in 50 years.

Vivian said...

I love those kind of dates!

Ronda said...

I love those kind of days!