Saturday, October 18, 2008

Halloween Crafts and Butternut Squash Soup!


Today was full of surprises! I took the kids to the Pet Smart today to buy a couple of things. We walked past Michael's craft store and I saw in the window that they had a room set up for kid's crafts. I walked in and asked the ladies what I needed to do so my kids could make a craft. They said it's open to everyone from 10am-12noon! So, I paid $5 per kid and they got to make these really cute wooden Halloween frames! They put together the kits and we got to take home the paint brushes and paint. Next week they're doing scrapbooks.
Then, this afternoon, I made butternut squash soup from scratch for the first time! I've wanted to make it forever, but I've never been brave enough. Yesterday I bought the squash and I got so excited that I had to make it for lunch today! It is so creamy and yummy! I made it with fat free half and half, so it's only about 120 calories per serving!
I also put in a picture of our room after we hung the curtains a few weeks ago.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Your room looks soooo beautiful!!! I want your recipe. Is it something I would like?? It looks good. How cool crafts are so much fun. You know how much Emily likes to do them. Maybe I'll look and see in Michaels does that here.

Ange said...

That soup looks yummy, i've always wanted to make that too! Good job!

Jill said...

I commented on your previous blog entry a couple days ago, but it didn't show up so I'm commenting again!

I too am so glad to have found you. It's been so long! I believe that kindred spirits always reconnect. I'm loving reading your blog. You have such an adorable family, super nice husband and fabulous kids. The thing that strikes me the most though is what a great mother you are. You've inspired me. I'm going to start movie night too.

I can't wait to read more about your life. We should somehow share e-mail addresses (maybe on facebook) and catch up on each others lives so far.

Love you Jamie!